Thursday, October 23, 2008

MB Fashion Week: Day 1: Whitley Kros- Front Row

"I went to Morocco..with Allen Ginsberg in my satchel and Bob Dylan in my ears. Met Alessandro and embarked on a romantic adventure.. Safari in Africa and sunsets in Greece."
This was the self proclaimed phrase on the cover of Whitley Kros' pamphlet for her show, sounds like it would be a positively organic and cultured collection right? Well, that is not what I got from the show, but it was no doubt a romantic adventure back into childhood. I got pajama party with Mary Kate Olsen's crew- literally parts brought me back to Lisa Frank, spray cheese, silk pj bottoms, off the wall prints, and amusing oversized work boots that she painted a baby blue! The colors were classic, the pieces were fun, playful and girly. The highlight of the show for me, oddly enough, was a simple white silk jumper with a plunging neckline that I couldn't help but notice was crafted exquisitely.
Bag Bonus- And the schwag bag was good, a white tank with a multi colored unicorn that I have already worn a few times, PETA inspired eye shadow, and Good Hair Day fat head volumizer (which I was actually running low on).

No comments: